We are an integrated and diversified group of companies for the industrial sector. We have the equipment, staff, experience, and structure to work on small and large projects across Western Canada. From marine transportation and projects to steel sales, metal recycling, and ready-mix concrete. Amix can take the lead.
The story of Amix Group begins in 1971 with the founder, Ed Jackson.
Born in 1949, Ed grew up in Penticton, BC working in a farming community. When he was sixteen years old, Ed started a recycling business called Jackson Trucking & Salvage. Six years later, in 1971, as he expanded his service area and capabilities, Ed started Amix Salvage & Sales in downtown Vernon, BC. The business grew into a second-hand discount store, selling used furniture, tools, and scrap metal. In 1973, he moved his family to the coast, and Amix began to concentrate on metal recycling.
Ed’s son, Willie Jackson, joined the company in 1990 and over the next twenty years, they grew the company into the largest volume dealer of recycled metal in Western Canada.
Over the years the entrepreneurial spirit that sparked the birth of the company continued. Today the Amix Group of companies has expanded into 6 separate and complimentary business lines, serving the needs of its customers.
Our Business Lines
· Amix Marine Services provides marine transportation across the west coast, with service as far away as Alaska and California.
· Amix Marine Projects is a central operator in Vancouver’s marine construction and project cargo community.
· Amix Marine Salvage is a vessel recovery and ship breaking operation in the Pacific Northwest.
· Amix Steel & Surplus, located in Chilliwack, is a wholesale steel distributor serving the Fraser Valley.
· Amix Recycling specializes in metal recycling, we buy and sell recycled metals.
· Western Concrete, located in Chilliwack, provides ready mix concrete to the construction sector.
Amix Group (Head Office)
625 Agnes St #425
New Westminster, BC V3M 5Y4
T. 1.888.600.2649 (AMIX)